THE Professional Year PROGRAM BENEFITS OF THE Professional Year PROGRAM
Completing a Professional Year has a number of benefits:
- You earn valuable work experience in an Australian company through an internship.
- You are able to improve your understanding of the culture and practices within the Australian workplace.
- You learn how to communicate in a professional manner within the Australian workplace.
- Enhance professional skills and expand employment opportunities
- Learn the fundamental of Australian work practices, business communications and the professional code of conduct and ethics
- The successful completion of the PYP allows participants to get an additional 5 points towards Permanent Residency in Australia under the skilled migration scheme.
The Professional Year Program delivers:
The PYP caters for students in Accounting by providing them with a minimum 44 week program. This program aims at enhancing the participants’ professional skills and expanding their employment opportunities.
- Theoretical Component: Involves workshops and seminars provided by the accredited education providers.
- Practical Component: A subsequent hands-on unpaid internship with a host company provided by Australian Internships.
Boot camps will be held at the opening and closing days of the program. This will provide participants with the opportunity to network with industry representatives.
International graduates aged between 18 to 45 who have obtained an Australian qualification as a result of at least two years of study in Australia in the Accounting, Engineering or ICT field.
Applicants must hold a Skilled Graduate Visa 485 or be waiting to have their 485 visa approved.